- Make sure the subfloor is clean and dry. When installing over bare concrete floor, first install a vapor barrier or consider using Dura-Son MB (see details within website)
- Dura-Son may be installed parallel or perpendicular to flooring.
- Dura-Son seams must be placed tightly together and taped with duct tape.
When installing floating floors (laminate or engineered hardwood):
- Dura-Son is loose laid, not glued to sub-floor. Always install black side face down.
When installing glue down engineered hardwood floor:
- Glue Dura-Son to subfloor with a Premium Multi Purpose Adhesive.(black side face down)
- Glue Dura-Son to wood with a Moisture Cured Urethane Base Adhesive.
Always follow flooring manufacturers’ installation instructions and specification.
DO NOT USE DURA-SON OR DURA-SON MB DIRECTLY UNDER PARQUET WOOD TILE FLOOR, SOLID HARDWOOD (NAIL DOWN), VINYL TILE, VINYL SHEET AND CERAMIC TILE.